By the late Dr Bob … I am still travelling, see my other blog (www.stevethings.wordpress.com) for daily-ish updates of my adventures. These are good questons IMHO, that I have been saving.
- During the construction of London’s Westminster Bridge in the 1860’s, why was the use of a diving-bell replaced by individual diving-suits?
- The Great Wall of China has towers with arrow-slots so that archers can fire northwards at the approaching Mongols. But the part of the Wall near Beijing also has arrow-slots in the south face, towards China – why?
- In English law, situations or things can be described as existing “since time immemorial”. When did “time immemorial” officially end?
- What was Arthur Conan Doyle supposed to be doing, when he devised and wrote the first Sherlock Holmes stories?
- Peter Jackson and his crew, on their first visit to the farm which would become the location for Hobbiton in Lord of the Rings, were shoo’ed away by the farmer – why?