Here’s this month’s stuff – enjoy reading, and feel free to post sarky comments. Answers next month.
- Eratosthenes derived the size of the Earth from the angles of shadows at Syene (Aswan) and Alexandria, knowing how far apart they were. How did he measure how far apart these places were?
- Did Lumpy Stevens bowl John Small?
- Why did the (Soviet) Russians build the Friendship Bridge, across the Amu-Darya in Uzbekistan?
- Rudolf Virchow opposed Bismarck’s financial policies. What is said to have happened as a result?
- Why is the Bob Dylan song “Ballad of a thin man” a.k.a. “Mr Jones” featured in the Danish TV series The Bridge series 3?