Another new year, another new month, another set of silly questions. Feel free to post comments. Answers next month.
- How many times does the word “and” occur in the text of Moby Dick?
- How did Peter the Great encourage his peasants to visit his new museums in (his new) St Petersburg?
- At the end of the 1980 Moscow Olympic Games, a children’s choir emotionally sang “Goodbye, sweet Misha” while a giant balloon in the shape of Misha, the cute bear mascot of the Games, floated up and out of the stadium. Whatever happened to Misha?
- What unusual message was the Town Crier of Goslar, Germany obliged to announce on certain days?
- The Joneses have two children; I know that their elder child is a girl; what is the chance that the other one is a girl too? The Smiths have two children and one of them is a girl; what is the chance that the other one is a girl too?