Here’s the June set. Feel free to post witty/sarcastic answers as comments.
- It has been estimated that the most expensive book-binding job done in the 20th century was a jewel-encrusted copy of the Rubiayat of Omar Khayyam, which took two years to prepare. A London dealer sold the finished book to a client in the USA, with personal delivery by a trusted courier. What went wrong?
- What book was once banned because it contained descriptions of the sex life of whales?
- What geographical feature is common to the state of Nebraska, and the city of Tashkent?
- Why did Ebenezer MacGeorge, employed as an astronomical observer at the Great Melbourne Telescope from 1870-72, resign from his job?
- The explorer Dr David Livingstone spent 30 years in Africa as a missionary. How many conversions to Christianity did he make?