Yes I know it is April 1, but here they are for this month. Feel free to post witty/sarcastic answers as comments – I’ll try to moderate them quickly. A sort of theme: TIME
- The Norse god Odin had the power to see into the future. What was his attitude and personality like?
- What proportion of Time Capsules are lost without trace?
- If you were incarcerated in the UK’s high-security psychiatric hospital, Broadmoor, but nevertheless you had retained enough sanity to try to escape, and to organise that properly … when would be a good time of the week to make your dash for freedom?
- It takes 150 years to grow a decent oak tree, and in 1829 the Swedish Government foresaw a severe shortage of oak trees for building naval ships;. They therefore planted a new oak forest, at Visingso. What happened to it?
- Pitcairn Island, much troubled lately with under-age malarkey, was first sighted by Midshipman Pitcairn on 1, 2, or 3 July 1767 – and then promptly lost again, due to the ship’s captain not knowing where he was. Or, apparently, what day it was. How old was Midshipman Pitcairn at that time?