Here, question for October, glorious revolutionary month – to these, is Russian theme. You write answer as comment. I cheerful feeling, therefore, I make special amnesty on wit and sarcasm, you not get sent to Siberia. I put real answers when committee approve.
- The days of the week, like all things in Russian, have gender. Monday, Tuesday and Thursday are masculine, whereas Wednesday, Friday and Saturday are feminine (and have feminine characteristics in reality – you’d clean the house, etc.) So far, so very egalitarian – but what gender is Sunday?
- And what is grammatically odd about the Russian word for a kangaroo?
- Ursula Andress’s costume when she came out of the water in Dr No. The belt (that stopped her shorts falling down) looked strangely familiar to Dr Bob, who was then a schoolboy. Where had he seen this before?
- Why was From Russia With Love, the 6th book, chosen as the second James Bond film?
- The standard Soviet cook book, The Book of Tasty and Healthy Food, was printed in 1939 and reprinted in 1953. What was one of the differences in the new edition?