PLEASE HAVE A GO – by posting a comment, preferably sarcastic – as I know the answers anyway; I’ll put the real answers up in early October. Meanwhile the earnest student of Estonian manhole covers can go here!
- In the Melbourne production of Wagner’s Ring, when Fafner, the giant, takes away the treasure in Das Rheingold, what does he do on the way out?
- What pseudonym did photographer June Newton choose, by stabbing a pin into a map of Australia?
- According to Jacky Bowring, in her book A Field Guide to Melancholy … yes, I think I am reading too many books … what mental state particularly affects Astronomers, Weavers, Clowns and Art-Historians?
- The Swedish village of Råå, near Helsingborg, is noted for the eels in its river – what is the Swedish word for these?
- “Off-fall” is the word for scraps that drop from a production line. Things that resemble such scraps are ….