April questions. PLEASE HAVE A GO – by posting a comment, preferably sarcastic – as I know the answers anyway; I’ll put the real answers up in early May.
- What (plastic LP) record was banned by the Canadian Dept of Agriculture?
- For measuring cloth, the English yard was divided into half, quarter (“Quarter”), eighth (“finger”) and sixteenth (“nail”). What was the nickname for half a yard?
- The brothers in the 1954 film Seven Brides for Seven Brothers were named after Old Testament personalities starting A-G – Adam, Benjamin, Caleb, Daniel, Ephraim, and Gideon, but the 6th one was called Frank. Frank?? Why Frank?
- What, according to Peter Cook, was said by candidates wishing to become judges, as they came staggering out from the rigorous judging exams?
- And what was commonly said, down a coal mine?