Jeez, another month already!! So here is my effort for December 2013. PLEASE HAVE A GO – by posting a comment. I already know the answers, so post something witty or sarcastic! I have to moderate the postings, but I will try to do that quickly. The real answers will appear next year.
- In a marathon six-hour session Captain Beefheart and the Magic Band recorded Trout Mask Replica in the studio. Later, the engineers wanted a second take; how did that differ from the first take?
- Rolling Stone’s Langdon Winner said that on a desert island, he’d take Trout Mask Replica to play. Why there?
- Bob Dylan’s Highway 61: “God said to Abraham, kill me a son” – why is this ironic?
- What problems might arise when you photograph a polar bear with infra-red film?
- In 1830 so many wooden ships ran aground or were otherwise wrecked in Melville Bay (NW Greenland) that a thousand men ended up camping on the ice. All the captains and officers left to seek help; with nobody left in command, the men burnt the broken ships for fuel and rolled about for weeks in drunken orgies of celebration. How many died?