This is Dr Bob’s quiz for August 2013 – please give your answers to this quiz by posting a comment. But as I already know the answers, I prefer to see witty or sarcastic comments! I will moderate the postings to avoid spam (and abuse), but I will try to do that quickly. The real answers will appear in September.
- In the days of sail, men on sailing ships generally tried to avoid homosexual encounters. However Phillip C van Buskirk – a contemporary of Herman Melville – left a startlingly frank journal. What was this mostly about?
- Do any women have their ages recorded in the Bible?
- What is the derivation of the name of the toy, Lego?
- Some very shonky measurements of 6 dying people many years ago, gave a result that a human body suddenly loses 21 grams at death. What is the weight of all the electrons in an average human body?
- Why were residents of Broadmoor Asylum for the Criminally Insane forbidden to write to members of the Royal Family?