This is Dr Bob’s quiz for June 2013 – please give your answers to this quiz by posting a comment. But as I already know the answers, I prefer to see witty or sarcastic comments! I will moderate the postings to avoid spam (and abuse), but I will try to do that quickly. The real answers will appear in July.
- What name is given to prime numbers with more than 1,000 decimal digits? (of which, 10^999 + 7 is the smallest)
- Who said “One is a sort of sponge”
- Do women have lighter balls than men? – specifically, in Test cricket
- Complete this review of a hapless actor, attempting King Lear “He played the King as though under momentary apprehension that someone else was about to…”
- Marconi was offered a free ticket on the Titanic’s return voyage from New York, but he sailed on the Lusitania instead – why?