This is Dr Bob’s quiz for May 2013 – please give your answers to this quiz by posting a comment. But as I already know the answers, I prefer to see witty or sarcastic comments! I have to moderate the postings to avoid spam (and abuse), but I will try to do that quickly. The real answers will appear in early June. Go for it!
- Samuel Beckett and the wrestler Andre the Giant were friends. Yes really! What did they talk about most?
- What was the British weather like on Saturday, 24 August 1867?
- King Mithridates VI (120-63 BC) had the brilliant idea of ingesting small doses of every known poison, to build up immunity. Why did he come to regret doing this?
- How do you catch a Kakapo (NZ bird)?
- Amazon can delete books from all Kindles, without asking permission from the people who paid for the books and thought they were the owners. In 2009 whose books were so removed?