This is Dr Bob’s quiz for April 2013 – please give your answers to this quiz by posting a comment. But as I already know the answers, I prefer to see witty or sarcastic comments! I will moderate the postings to avoid spam (and abuse), but I will try to do that quickly. The real answers will appear in May.
- When the poet Dante Gabriel Rosetti ran out of fresh poetic inspiration (and hence, of money) what unusual action did he take?
- How many coughs are described in the Bible?
- James Joyce, being quite ill when writing Finnegan’s Wake, designated his friend James Stephens to finish it, should it have tragically needed completion. What qualified Stephens for this role?
- In North Korea, what musical instrument must all schoolteachers be able to play?
- Poor old King Martin of Aragon – all his children died, and he was busy trying to arrange who would be his successor; what went wrong?