This is Dr Bob’s quiz for February 2013 – please give your answers to this quiz by posting a comment. But as I already know the answers, I prefer to see witty or sarcastic comments! I will moderate the postings to avoid spam (and abuse), but I will get on with that quickly. The real answers will appear in March.
- These useful household things powered by electricity were invented in this order, between 1889 and 1910. What is the missing item? Sewing machine, fan, teakettle, toaster, ??, vacuum cleaner, flatiron, frying pan.
- What is the origin of the word “cretin”?
- How many sneezes are reported in the Bible?
- The “False Dmitry” claimed to be Dmitry Ivanovich, son of Ivan the Terrible and actually made it to become Tsar for a few months. After his death another False Dmitry – False Dmitry II – turned up – who did he claim to be?
- Why did the contemporary folk singer Attila the Stockbroker – change from playing a mandolin to playing a mandola?