I got my motorbike back … well, what is left of it. Maybe I can get going again with life now … This is Dr Bob’s quiz for December 2012 – please send me your answers to this quiz, either by clicking this link for an email template, or by sending a freely formatted email to firstname.lastname@example.org – or, NEW FEATURE – by posting a comment. Comments will be moderated, but they will appear here a hell of a lot sooner than when I get around to looking at the e-mails.
- Why did someone claim that the houses of Formosa have bends in their chimneys?
- What is the highest integer number to be mentioned in the Bible?
- OK, this is much harder – what is the lowest integer not mentioned in the Bible?
- What drug did Benjamin Franklin recommend that scientists search for, which if discovered “would do more for the common good than Descartes, Newton and Aristotle together”?
- The protagonists of O.Henry’s short story “The Magi” had “only $1.87, and 60c of that was in one-cent coins” – really?