Hello quiz fans! Welcome to the new home for my silly trivia quiz, here at drbobsquiz.wordpress.com – please bookmark the link.
Please send me your answers to this monthly quiz by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org – all submissions will be anonymous; names (except winners) and email details are never released. This quiz has been running at the Australian Skeptics website for over 15 years, but I don’t want to burden them with it any more!
Also FOLLOW MY BLOG at stevethings.wordpress.com especially from May 20th, when I start riding a motorbike from London to Magadan!
- When the bodies of Tsar Nicholas and his family were recovered, their identity was confirmed by DNA testing. Where did they get the reference samples of DNA?
- When you enter the historical bluestone chapel built by 19th-century German settlers at Westgarthtown (Melbourne), there are more hooks for hats on the right-hand side than on the left, why is that?
- What was Sir John Betjeman’s only regret?
- Salvador Dali gave a surrealist lecture, wearing a diving suit and a dagger, with two Russian wolfhounds on a leash in one hand and a billiard cue in his other hand – what went wrong?
- Why did Merlyn Rees change his name to Merlyn Merlyn-Rees?
The quiz is changed every first day of the month, and the results are published a few days later. The questions are meant to be difficult (Wikipedia keeps ruining my act) but they do have real answers – and as I already know and will reveal the answers, I prefer to get sarcastic or witty efforts. I will choose a Winner each month, using wholly mysterious criteria, but you should be skeptical about the existence of a prize!